Use B2B & Influencer Marketing to Achieve Success in 2016
According to Oracle’s Social Media Marketing Director, Mattias Drefs, the "social influencers can trigger 6x more traffic and 2x more conversions" when they share brand information on their social channels.1 Social Influence marketing is a type of marketing where businesses obtain endorsements from social influencers, i.e. Instagram Stars, Twitter Stars, YouTube stars, etc. Businesses want to know more about various forms of marketing to support sales during 2016. In this blog, you will find the statistics and methods for how to use influence marketing and B2B marketing methods to capitalize for a successful 2016.
Influence Marketing is Branding by TrustInfluence marketing, also called influencer marketing, is a form of marketing centered around the following theory: there is a higher chance a person will buy a product or service if he or she has been influenced by recommendations from someone they trust.3 An influencer is defined as a person who people consider trustworthy and who is also willing to offer recommendations on products and services. Influence marketing offers a win-win for businesses and consumers because expert marketers indicate that they received a “better customer” after using influence marketing. Moreover, customers are happy to accept recommendations from a trustworthy source.3 Statistica reports one key finding of consumers:
Customers prefer to share brand information through face-to-face contact with their friends.In fact, 66% of consumers share brand information in person rather than other methods.3 Although only 17% of consumers share brand information on Facebook, it is increasingly becoming a successful marketing strategy. Success in Facebook marketing is likely due to the same consumer preference of sharing brand information with friends. It is important to note, more consumers trust friend recommendations on Facebook than recommendations written on specialized blog content.
Influence marketing strategy includes the following steps:
- Identify influencers
- Identify the influencer’s audience
- Utilize one or more of the methods below:
- Market to influencers
- Marketing through influencers
- Marketing with influencers
B2B Marketing is Highly Useful, but Also Highly Software DependentThe majority of B2B marketing is being done via the web and social. Print and Mobile marketing are less used platforms of B2B marketing. Marketers have a strong dependency upon software solutions to generate B2B demand. The following software solutions are used 86% to 97% of the time:
- Email Marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Web Analytics
- Business Intelligence
- Social media monitoring
- Referral marketing
- Audience relevance
- Engaging and Compelling story telling
- Effectively delivers message
- Triggers a response/reaction2
- Drefs, M. (2016, January 10). Advocates, influencers and celebrities: your social media dictionary. Retrieved from Oracle.com Website: http://www.oracle.com/oms/social-influencer/blog-matias-influence-2212093.html
- (2015, March). B2B marketing in the U. S. - Statista Dossier.
- (2015, June). Influence marketing - Statista Dossier. Statistica.
- (2016, October). Statistica ID 331880 Effectiveness of B2C Social Media Content Marketing.