Last revised: July 13, 2017
This Code of Conduct establishes a shared standard for professional behavior on the Catalant Platform Services. The success of every engagement on the Catalant Platform Services is predicated on the professional behavior of the people involved, particularly the Clients and Contractors.
Users who diverge from this Code of Conduct may, at Catalant’s discretion, be temporarily or permanently barred from using the Catalant Platform Services, depending on the seriousness of the misconduct.
Catalant will update this Code of Conduct regularly, though there may be unforeseen situations leading to account deactivation that are not explicitly listed in this policy.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews and ratings are an opportunity for both Clients and Contractors to build a positive reputation on the Catalant Platform. Reviews and rating should be truthful, clear, fact-based and helpful to both the recipient and the wider Catalant community. Catalant reserves the right to remove reviews that violate these review guidelines.
Users can only write a review or provide a rating after a Project is completed. Reviews and ratings may be available to other Users viewing another user’s profile or completed Projects.
To report a review that violates these review guidelines, please contact Community@GoCatalant.com.
Professionalism and Quality
Clients and Contractors are expected to communicate professionally and in good faith over the Catalant Platform. Additionally, Clients should expect to engage with Contractors producing high-quality work. Catalant may temporarily or permanently deactivate accounts associated with Users that receive reviews, ratings, or complaints regarding a lack of professionalism or quality.
Fraud and Misrepresentation
Catalant expects all Users to present themselves truthfully and accurately and may permanently deactivate any account associated with fraudulent activity. Specifically:
- All information on a user’s profile must be true and accurate. Users agree to provide Catalant with accurate and complete biographical information, including job status and employment history, and to promptly update that information as it changes. Catalant may verify information provided by or about a user. If requested, Users must assist Catalant in the verification process.
- Users will not impersonate any person or entity (including creating an account under a fake or borrowed name) with the exception of Clients using deidentified company names.
- Clients posting projects must fully disclose context that is relevant and critical to a Contractor’s ability to successfully complete a Project.
- Contractors must have legal and beneficial ownership of, and all rights and interest in, any materials underlying the Work Product created in connection with a Project. Work Product must not include any misrepresentation or fraudulent data. Contractors are required to disclose any sources used in Work Product in accordance with generally accepted research practices (i.e., proactively cite primary or secondary information sources that are not their own) as a matter of general practice and upon request from the Client or Catalant.
Discrimination, Harassment and Abusive Conduct
Catalant maintains a zero-tolerance policy regarding all forms of discrimination, harassment, or abuse. Users may not refuse to provide or accept services based on a person’s race, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, gender identity, age or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
All reports of discrimination, harassment or abusive conduct are taken very seriously and may result in permanent loss of access to the Catalant Platform Services. If you feel that you have been treated inappropriately by another user, please contact Community@GoCatalant.com.
Mediation Processes and Procedures
Catalant may assist in the fair and timely resolution of a complaint or dispute between Users. Catalant may take the following actions, including but not limited to:
- Contact all Users involved to obtain information;
- Review Project-related data and correspondence captured on the platform and gathered through conversations with involved parties;
- Request additional materials evidencing communications between the involved parties;
- Coordinate mediation between the Users involved in the complaint or dispute;
- Determine an appropriate outcome, including, but not limited to, User account deactivation, partial payment, payment refund, and/or project re-staffing;
- Communicate the outcome to all involved parties; and
- Promptly carry out the mediation outcome.
Catalant expects all Users to cooperate with any investigations or other activities by Catalant in furtherance of the above procedures.
If Catalant temporarily or permanently deactivates a User’s account, the User is prohibited from creating a new account under his or her name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if he or she is acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to temporarily or permanently deactivating a User’s account, Catalant reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
If you have any questions about this Code of Conduct, please contact Community@GoCatalant.com.